In the blogs today, October 30, 2008:
- The question was whether happiness, in contradistinction to what Mill says, has any inherent worth. At 4:30,
- Vinny has a simple reason for thinking that there is some intrinsic worth
- Lance sees happiness as an emotion or a feeling, and denies that these have value in themselves
- At 6:30,
- Sherida says that happiness needs a person in order to have value.
- Stacey agrees that there is no intrinsic value in happiness, but arrives at this conclusion via an argument from Kant.