In the blogs today, October 27, 2008:
- At 4:30,
- Becca wonders to what extent we are really responsible for the outcomes of our actions
- Gordon asks how it could possible seem reasonable to divorce examination of someone’s motives from the judgment of their actions
- Tyler wants to know how Mill can reconcile himself to such an inexact theory.
- At 6:30,
- Neha wants to know how Mill can separate motives from morality.
- Jeffersson points out that we still haven’t been told how we’re supposed to divine the consequences of our actions
- Jon T. asks to what extent we should consider the repercussions of an action when determining its moral worth